Start Date: 05/2024
KINETIK Space is a space robotic start up based in the Munich region, Germany. Founded by an expert team from the German Aerospace Center (DLR) with decades of experience in real space robotic operations in orbit on board the International Space Station (ISS) and deep space exploration. We offer an array of intelligent space robotic solutions of manipulators and end effectors. The KINETIK Space Robotic Technology is backed by a continuing close collaboration with DLR, along with its decades of space robotics development and operations. Our mission is to bring this cutting-edge technology and know-how to the rapidly growing space sector, for both agency clients, as well as commercial partners such as launchers and satellite operators.
As a highly skilled and motivated team player you will take over responsibility in the domain of Mechanical Systems, Products and Analyses. In your role as ” Engineer Mechanical Systems” you will actively contribute to the development of our space robotic systems
What you’ll be doing
- Design of robotic joints, structures and mechanisms for our mechanical robotic systems
- Participation in the derivation of system and subsystem requirements with system engineering
- Management of analysis (mechanical, structural, in house or external).
- Contribution to the mechanical verification & validation (V&V) logic on system level
- Design of the ground support equipment (AIT and V&V)
- Validation and verification of mechanical architecture and systems
- Support of production activities
- Support of the procurement activities
- Support of test activities
- Creation of technical documents for the higher-level (Design Definition Files, Design Justification, Technical Notes)
- Support of the AIT team with the integration of robotic hardware
- Completed studies in aerospace/mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in using MCAD tools (e.g. Solidworks)
- Experience in mechanisms
- Structured way of working
- Fluent in English, in addition German is an asset.
- Strong conceptual skills and a solution-oriented way of working way of working.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of electrical development/engineering
- Experience in different project phases (pre-development up to production)
- Experience in the European ECSS space standards desirable (or NASA, JAXA)
- First practical start-up experiences
- Experience in robotics
- European citizenship desired for projects with security clearance.
Join us if you:
- Like to work independently and bring in your own ideas.
- Enjoy talking to and connecting with people (in English) in person, over the phone, or via teleconference systems.
- Want to be a part of an ambitious team to sculp and drive an exciting vision together.